Soup is a popular dish for every meal as it brings about a variety of benefits. You know, eating soup is the easiest way to add vegetable and fruit to your food intake. Not only does it provide enough nutrients for the need of your body, but it is also particularly beneficial to a weight-loss plan.
Not to mention, you are certainly filled and chilled out gathering with your family around a pot of hot soup. If you are not a good cook and find it hard to make complicated soup, you can still make a great soup for your family with the 2 following soup recipes: Vegetable beef soup and creamy cheese soup recipe.
Vegetable beef soup
Do you want to cook soup for a family dinner? I’m sure I save your day by telling you how to cook vegetable beef soup. Lean ground beef- a main ingredient of the soup is good for red blood cells because of the richness in Iron and Vitamin B-12.
Especially, the vegetable beef soup helps you add a great deal of fiber and a diversity of vital nutrients into your food intake because it is made of a lot of kinds of vegetable such as carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, and onions.
Carrots, potatoes, and peas are proved to improve your vision and overall skin texture, slow down the aging process and strengthen your cardiovascular system. Also, you can combine the soup with grilled chicken.
You need to prepare:
3 pounds lean ground beef
10 baby carrots
A cup of peas
A cup of corn
A pot of soup of the whole ingredients is normally for 4 to 6 people.
- Rinse all of the raw ingredients including beef, carrots, peas and corn and onions
- Slice the lean ground beef into small square bite- size pieces. Then boil the pieces of meat in hot water on medium heat for 5 minutes. After that, take the meat off the pot and set aside on a plate.
- Chop carrots and onions into bite-size piece
- Put all of the beef, chopped carrots and onions into a soup pot. Pour a liter of water into the pot and bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for around 2 hours until beef is almost tender. Add water if necessary
- Add corn and peas and leave the soup simmer for about 30 minutes longer
- Serve and season the soup with pepper and salt, and now the soup is ready.
Creamy Cheese Soup
In case beef rib and vegetable are not your cups of tea, creamy cheese soup can be taken into account. I guess most of you know that cheese is rich in calcium. Therefore, adding cheese to your daily food intake could benefit your bones and teeth. If you have small children, the soup is definitely what you need.
Furthermore, the high level of proteins and calcium makes cheese practically advantageous for bodybuilders and athletes who want to boost muscle growth and need energy for strenuous exercises. Hereunder is the recipe for a pot of great creamy cheese soup for 4 to 6 people:
¼ cup of butter
¼ cup of flour
3 cups of chicken broth
3 cups of milk
1 pound Cheddar cheese
- Peel off onions, risen the onions and chicken broth. Then, chop the onions and slice the chicken into bite-size pieces
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-heat
- Add onions into the butter, turn heat down and stir constantly, cook for about 5 minutes until the onions is tender
- Stir flour in a bowl of water. Then pour the flour into the saucepan of butter and onion. Stir constantly until the flour, butter, and onions are blended
- Put the mixture into a soup pot and simmer over medium-heat
- Add the sliced chicken broth, cook, and constantly stir until the mixture is slightly thickened. Then, add 3 cups of milk and stir constantly
- Blend ¼ of the soup mixture per time in a covered blender at medium speed until smooth. After that, return the blended soup mixture into the pot, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes and then remove from heat
- Add cheese into the mixture and stir the cheese constantly with a wire whisk or slotted spoon until melted. Cook over heat within 1 minute if the cheese does not melt completely.
All in all, these are 2 yummy soup recipes that you could prepare for your family meals. While vegetable beef soup certainly satisfies meat lovers, creamy cheese soup is incredibly suitable for those who have sweet teeth.
If you are up to ears in your own business but still want to cook some easy and nutritious soup for their family on your own, don’t hesitate to try these.