Do you know what today is? It is International Polar Bear Day!! I have had a long love affair with these majestic creatures. I am going on a press trip at the end of the week to North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, I hope the polar bears will be out when I go. Make sure you are following along on my Instagram on Thursday and Friday to see behind the scenes. And I also will be crossing something off my bucket list as well. I can’t wait, pray for courage for me. Remember this year is all about creating opportunities for my blog, life, and time with friends and family.
Another fun fact about me is that the Coca-cola commercials at Christmas are my favorite because of the polar bears.
So in honor of International Polar Bear Day, I am bringing you this easy Polar Bear Marshmallow Recipe. Don’t they look yummy?
Polar Bear Marshmallows
- 24 Jumbo marshmallows
- 48 mini marshmallows
- 24 small edible eyes
- 24 ghiradelli white chocolate melting wafers plus some (1/4 C) to melt
- 24 brown M&M’s
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Melt the 1/4 c of chocolate and pour into the piping bag
- Cut the tip of the piping bag. This chocolate will be used a glue
- Using the melted chocolate, pipe on a small dollop of melted chocolate onto the back of the solid piece of chocolate
- Place chocolate onto the lower middle part of the marshmallow. This is the bear’s mouth
- Pipe on a small dot onto two eyes and place them above the mouth
- Pipe on a small dot onto the m&m and place it on the middle of the chocolate piece. This is the bear’s nose
- Turn the bear on one side and pipe a line where an ear should go
- Place a mini marshmallow and hold it there for about 30 seconds
- Repeat the step with the other ear
- repeat steps with remaining 23 marshmallows
- Once done, let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying in a cup of cocoa!