I don’t know about you but I am over winter already. And by most standards, this has been a mild one for us. But being in 80’s one day and the next day cold and 37 just doesn’t bode well for this body. Ever since the accident several years ago, my shoulder aches so much when there is a drastic change in the weather. So I have been looking for some easy recipes that I cook ahead of time and have ready to eat when we all finally are able to come together to sit down and eat dinner.
Plus with hubby starting a new job, awhile back where he is working outside more, he wants something heavy and with a kick that will stick to his ribs. This Mexican Soup recipe does just the trick. He can take leftovers for lunch and add in a pack of tortillas he is good to go.
EASY MEXICAN SOUP
- 1 pound Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp. garlic minced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cayene pepper
- 1 tbsp. Tajin seasoning
- 1 Avocado
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Colby pepper jack cheese
Possible Garnishes: Colby pepper Cheese, and Cilantro
- Pre-set your crockpot to high
- Add your shredded chicken and broth to your crock pot
- Open your black beans cans and drain.
- Add your beans to the crock pot
- Now add your fire roasted tomatoes
- Add the onions, jalapeno peppers, and minced garlic.
- Lastly, add your seasonings
- Cook for 2-3 hours in the
- Top with fresh cilantro and cheese