A while back I I told you about how I used one of my dad’s ties in a photo shoot. I’m always looking for ways to repurpose items. So while I was browsing( who am I kidding- shopping at Jane.com) I saw all these cute bracelets. And I thought I bet I can make a bracelet like that out of one of my dad’s old ties. I just went through the bag that my mom gave me and found this black and gray striped tie and knew that this was it. I was really surprised with how easy it was to make and I love the way it turned out so I decided to share how I did it with you.
- old tie ( I used a clip on)
- Button ( I got mine using a coupon at Joann’s)
- needle and thread
- Cut the smaller part with the tie off. This is the part you’ll be using for your cuff.
- On the pointed end of the tie sew on your button.
- Then sew the end of the tie. You will need to make a seam if you like your bracelet to lay flat it should look like the picture above.
- Add your velcro as the fastener. You can use hot glue or sew them on.
- And there you have it a cuff bracelet made from an old tie.
I will have to say that I love mine and knowing that I made it from something my dad wore almost every week since it was one of his favorites makes it even more special.
- Create a Unique On-the-go Makeup Bag
- Assembling Your Own Tool Kit
- Dreamcatchers Made From Charming Vintage Doilies
- My New Coffee Station Inspired By Starbucks®
- Fall Means Pumpkin Decorating Time
- 10 Spring Wreaths To Make