Awhile back, I mentioned about the event I put together at Coco Darlings called Blogging with A Princess. At this event, I met Kathy. She is the mom to my blogging BFF Sarah, from .
I immediately fell in love with her. When she introduced herself to the group, I fell in love with her even more. In her introduction, she mentioned she was a breast cancer survivor. She said that with a smile on her face. What a courageous woman.
And since October was Breast Cancer Awareness month, I knew that I had to send this survivor, this amazing woman- a little gift bag. However, it took me a little while to send it. I don’t know how many times I walked out of the house forgetting to take it to the post office to mail it. So a couple of weekends ago, I gave it to Sarah to give to her.
I will admit that Sarah gave me a little insight on her mom and with that knowledge I created a cute little survivor bag for her.
I had so much fun shopping for Kathy. I was totally amazed at the items, I found to fill it up.
I told Sarah that Mom ( yep that is what I call her) needed to read this post to know what everything meant. Yep, I went there. (You know bloggers will do anything for page views 🙂 ).
So here is what I put in the care package and what it meant.
- 2 Sets of notecards- Kathy struck me as the kind of woman who enjoys sending and receiving mail. Plus these cards just screamed at me to buy them. (Well not really, but you know what I mean.)
- 2 Inspirational Magnets with words of Faith on them. That is the one thing that stood out after meeting her. Her faith in God is where she gains her strength.
- 2 Sassy but Elegant Pens- This is just an everyday item, but still, I just knew she would love them.
- A devotional book about Kindness – just something short and sweet for her to read.
- A Pink Cup- because pink is the color of Breast Cancer Awareness. Plus she can enjoy her favorite drink in style.
- A candle – Just something to help her relax
- A Kid’s Paper Crown – So she will always remember to be a kid every once in a while. And also to show she is a princess- Daughter of the one true King.
- A snowflake ornament- As a symbol that she is unique, just like no two snowflakes are alike.
[info_box type=”pale_box”]For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. -Psalms 139:13-14[/info_box]
- A Church Ornament – Kathy struck me as a woman who carries her church with her in her heart even when she isn’t in the actual church building.
- A Cinderella Mirror – So she can look in the mirror and have her Cinderella moment. Where she knows, she is beautiful in the eyes of the King.
- And lastly, a cute bag to hold all the goodies. I chose this bag of many colors as it reminded me of Joseph’s Coat. Kathy’s faith, like Joseph’s faith, helped her survive a tough time in her life.
Kathy lives every day with a happy, joyful and grateful attitude. Thankful for each day spent with family and friends.
I am thankful for her as well, not only because she is my blogging BFF’s mom but because she shows me what real strength is all about – having Faith.
A huge shout out to Sarah who not only was the delivery person for this bag and who took the pictures of her mom opening the bag. Plus you might want to check back tomorrow to read a little about Sarah.