Picnics are a very inexpensive way to reconnect with your loved ones. You don’t even need to leave the backyard if you don’t want. You just have to be creative in with what you plan and how you decorated. Below is a list of suggestions of things to pack for a picnic that will sure to have everyone smiling.
- A picnic basket- it does not have to be the traditional picnic basket. A cute little basket from the dollar store will work just find.
- A blanket, bedsheet or rug. Yep you read that right. You do not need to spend a lot of money on what you sit on. We have a blanket that we keep in the back of our cars for impromptu picnics.
- Plates- grab some paper plates and go.
- Plastic silverware- once again you can get this at the dollar store. I try to keep a basket of napkins, paper plates, silverware and cups in the car for those impromptu picnics.
- Sharp knife- You never know when you might have to slice cheese or fruit. Having a knife on hand would depend on what you pack for your picnic.
- Paper towels or napkins. But I prefer paper towels they are less likely to blow away.
- Salt & Pepper if needed
- Plastic Cups
- Bottle Opener ( this is optional it just depends on the beverage you are planning on bringing.
- Flashlight (Just in case)
- Bucket & Ice to keep Drinks Cool.
- Hat / Sunblock- of course if you are planning on picnicking at night you would not need this.
- Citronella Candle & Matches- if you leave in North Carolina you know all about those pesky mosquitos
- Music ( Especially if you want to make your picnic romantic)
- Dice/ playing cards – for entertainment
- Games for kids
If you use any of these suggestions for preparing for your picnic, then you will share to have a picnic that everyone will love. But remember the focus should be on spending time with each other not on how much everything cost. Even if peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would work just as long as you are spending the time to reconnect.
- None Found