This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PerfectPortions #CollectiveBias
Several years ago, a little kitty showed up on our doorstep. We feed her but she never really felt that our house was her home until the kittens came.
Here is momma Markie with her 4 kittens. All but one of these kittens are still in our family. Mia, the kitten in the front with the orange stripe on her forehead went missing and we were never able to find her. But the other three kittens are part of our family. The orange tabby is now my grand kitty. Myelin lives with my oldest daughter. Tyger is my husband’s shadow when he works outside. She is the one who is winking in the picture and Jinxy the last one is the sweetest of all. She loves to visit our neighbors as well as play with Allie.
We were fortunate that we were able to adopt all of these kitties into our family. And yes we are responsible pet owners as we have gotten all the cats fixed! But if you are looking to adopt a new kitten into your family, then there are a few things that you will need.
How to Make a Cat Adoption Basket
- A Basket
- Collar- As you notice in most of our pictures, our cats don’t have collars as they tend to slip out of them.
- Dish- we have bowls for water and food
- Toys- Myelin loves playing with his toys.
- Scissors – to cut nails and for that times where their hair may get matted.
- And food
Of course, I want the best for my family members, fur babies include, so when I was in the pet food aisle of my local Walmart my eyes fell on the SHEBA® PERFECT PORTIONS™ Multipack Chicken Entrée and Turkey Entrée Wet Cat Food. I knew that these are the perfect piece for the basket. Plus it is just enough that I don’t have to worry about storing the unused food in the refrigerator. Plus the kitties love the food. See two of the three eating them. Jinxy couldn’t get enough of the food.
- Treats- because all good kitties need to be rewarded and SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks with Chicken. I love that these treats are made with real meat. Just check out the kitties eating their treats.
- Compile all of these items in a basket and you will be ready for your new fur baby.
Frugal Pet Tip
Here is a frugal tip when you have multiple pets, wait for your local animal shelter to have a rabies shot clinic and get your pets rabies shots from then. It saved us having to pay for a doctor’s visit. Speaking of rabies shots, here is a video of when we took the cats to get their shots. The cats didn’t want to travel in their carriers like Myelin does.
Nope,this is how they travel.
Looking for more inspiration to treat your pets like the kings and queens they are then you will want to check out this page for more inspiration. SHEBA® WHAT CATS WANT™ is the perfect tagline for this company because Jinxy was a hog and ate it all. I will tell you that we have never regretted adopting our fur babies and we would totally be lost without them. In fact, there is a story behind this. My middle daughter always wanted a cat. She prayed that she would get either a kitten or jeep to drive. Remember she is a teenager 😉 . And Markie showed up at our door. She jokes and says that she should have just prayed for the jeep. But she loves her Markie.
And she couldn’t ask for a better kitten. If you are considering bringing a fur baby into your home, consider adopting from a shelter or a stray. These animals are the most loving ones I have ever seen. Check this out for more inspiration.
- Be Prepared When Adopting A Kitty
- Allie’s Talking About Pet Adoption
- #MYILYPet Allie’s Pet Food Review and a Giveaway
- Protecting Your Kitty FurBabies
- Talking About Pets and Fitness with Purina
- Create A Unique Cat Feeding Station