Starting a fitness program doesn’t have to be overwhelming when you are armed with the proper tools to get things rolling. Once you’ve committed to getting in shape, there are several things you can do to ensure you’ll exceed your short and long term fitness goals.
- Write down your fitness goals. You’re more likely to stick with a program when you have set specific goals.
- Always eat a well-balanced diet that includes ample servings of vegetables and fruit.
- Assess your current fitness level before starting an exercise program. You’ll be able to establish goals that meet your specific fitness needs.
- Talk to your health care provider before embarking on a fitness program, particularly if you are struggling with a health condition such as diabetes or obesity.
- Always stretch before and after your exercise routine. Make sure your muscles are warm first!
- Don’t over do it! Slowly increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Diversify your workout routine. If you do the same exercises day after day, you’ll quickly tire and may hit a plateau.
- Work out with a friend. You’ll help motivate each other.
Time Involved: A little extra planning
Body Benefit: A fun and effective workout routine
- None Found