My family and I were given passes to see the opening of Corteo by Cirque de Soliel in Raleigh. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
High flying, jaw dropping yet an intimate experience. Those are all words that I would use to describe Cirque de Soliel new show Corteo. My family and I were given an opportunity to attend the grand opening of this acrobatic show in my home away from home, Raleigh.
I will admit that going into this show, I had an idea what it would be like since we attended their production Crystal, a while ago. But this was different but alike if that
So here are a few thing I loved about the show.
- I love love love that the put Raleigh and Chapel Hill in their show. I know they probably do this with every show, but it just made it even more inviting.
- I love that in one scene of the show, the man Mauro is playing football aka soccer. Anyone that knows me knows that soccer is the sport I love, Although, I never played and wasn’t introduced to it until I married my husband, I have developed a love for it.
YesI just renewed our season tickets for my beloved NCFC men’s soccer team. The other thing that disappointed me, was when he scored there wasn’t a big GOAL!!!!!!!!! announced.
- I also love that there was a mixture of English and the second language I love Spanish. What can I say I am a sucker for an accent- have you met my husband? Also being a multicultural family ( Mexican- American) I love taking my girls ( this time just my youngest) to events that they can hear the language of their second country.)
- But even if you are a multicultural family, it is still, for sure, a learning experience for families, especially if you want to expose your kids to a different culture and language.
- The level of skill and concentration of the performers are out of this world. I mean seriously, my body ached just watching them. Picture if you will one performer doing a split, upside down while hanging from a ceiling. I know right? Not going to see me doing this anytime soon.
But my favorite part were the scenes with Gregory and Valentina. They were just too stinking cute.
Seriously,folks, this is one amazing show that if you get a chance to go see, you have to go. You won’t regret it. Tickets are still available for the PNC Arena show in Raleigh, NC. But if you don’t live near Raleigh, you can check out the website to find a show near you.
I promise you, this shows lives up to it’s name and seeing near you is easier than flying to Vegas to catch a show.
Until my next adventure. Create time for memories.