Writers are often heard saying that they are facing brain fog or have become creatively paralyzed. Well, that is not a figure of speech but a phase where a writer is not able to write anything new or able to complete the piece. They constantly feel lack of fresh ideas and that their brain has stopped working or responding to the routine. So what should be done to bring back the zest and creativity to ensure you don’t suffer professionally and bring out pieces that are loved by everyone? Here we bring a list of things to do when you experience creatively challenged or writer’s block and keeps it away:
- Make a Blueprint: Whenever you want to know write a piece of blog or article then it is necessary to jot down the important points and make a blue print so that you do not stray away from the direction. It is always advisable to write a central idea first as it will help you to stick to the topic and create a direction.
- Opt for physical activity: How about going to spinning class or belly dancing or yoga? Physical activity will not only shape your body but will release endorphins that will help to reduce stress, make the brain active, help to focus and control mood swings. All you need is an iPod that you can avail of discount with codes from By Discount Codes and you are set to stay fit physically and mentally.
- Break the rut/monotony: Often when we do one thing day in and day out it leads t monotony and nothing inspires. A writer needs to not just be stress-free but also needs to break the routine. Try writing along with music or vice versa, change the timings or place of writing. This will help to get the interest back and get new ideas.
- Stop analyzing repeatedly: Rather than scrutinizing your piece and find our mistakes, it’s better to proof read it for once and leave it alone. Analysis leads to paralysis that ultimately will deteriorate your creativity and make you under confident.
- Meditate rather than contemplate: Often over or deep thinking leads to complications which in turn will make you analyze about your article. Rather than contemplation opt for meditation and conscious breathing. This will help you center your thoughts, let go of fears and make you relax. A relaxed mind always gives positive results and boosts creativity by reducing stress.
- Writing is lifetime learning: Lastly, do not forget writing is lifetime learning and the more you read and practice, the more you will hone your skills and write better. Read novels, classics or magazines from WHSmith or Isubscribe to know what’s going in the world.
To conclude, every writer goes through this phase where he feels lost, frustrated and stuck but this is the time to relax, read and practice. It will make you bring something out of the box and innovative.