I will be attending this show this weekend and was provided tickets for the purpose of reviewing
When the Raleigh Home Show returns to downtown’s Raleigh Convention Center for its spring edition February 15-17, 2019, it fills every minute with features designed to help Triangle residents revamp their interiors.
So what are the top 10, not-to-be-missed features at the show?
- Kevin O’Connor from PBS’ This Old House. With so many gorgeous and thriving historic neighborhoods in Raleigh, the Raleigh Home Show is bringing in one of the nation’s leading experts to provide homeowners insights on dealing with specific quirks and challenges. As longtime host of This Old House, Kevin O’Connor has seen it all. He shares years of wisdom gleaned from historic home renovations with show guests on Friday and Saturday at the Fresh Ideas Stage. Appearance sponsored by Spectrum.
- Tyler Wisler from HGTV’s Design Star. Ever tried a Pinterest-inspired project, only to have it look NOTHING like the photos you pinned? If you’re a design dreamer, we’re bringing your perfect match to the Raleigh Home Show with Tyler Wisler. In addition to HGTV’s Design Star competition and his current role as host/judge of Asia’s biggest design competition The Apartment, Tyler is also a Pinterest “Pinfluencer” with tons of tips to share. Tyler will let guests in on his best design tricks and tips during his presentations on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Designer Rooms Created by The Design Haüs. Make your home your own; turn any room from drab to fab with inspiration from three Designer Rooms created by locally based designers from The Design Haüs. Guests can tour a living room, dining room and bedroom that represent top home designs come to life – get an up close and personal look at the latest interior trends, colors, fabrics, patterns and more. The Designer Rooms are located at the end of aisle 100.
- The Great Garage Giveaway. Is getting the garage organized once and for all a resolution that keeps landing on your yearly list? Get in it and win it with the Great Garage Giveaway. Guests can enter to win a $6,500 garage makeover courtesy of the show and Curtis Media. Visit the show’s website at DowntownRaleighHomeShow.com to register to win or register onsite.
- Celebrate the Great Outdoors. Raleigh area residents are lucky to be able to indulge in outdoor living and entertaining for much of the year. Our guests have told us over and over that they’re looking for outdoor space ideas – so we’ve partnered with RB Landscaping’s outdoor living design and Luxury Living Scapes to create this year’s Outdoor Living & Landscape feature. Guests can walk through, see, feel, touch and dream inside these captivating backyard paradises, built right inside the Convention Center.
- Fresh Ideas Design Stage. Each day of the show, local, regional and national experts present on the Fresh Ideas Design Stage. From Savvy Shopper Faye Prosser to Rhonda Benvie of Help Me Rhonda Interiors, guests can learn and take home ideas.
- Shop Local. Back by popular demand, the Touch of Home Marketplace brings together local artisans and entrepreneurs from the Triangle area all in one spot on the show floor. From jewelry to home decor to linens and more, Touch of Home Marketplace is a great place to support local businesses.
- Hero Day on Friday. The show celebrates local heroes on Friday, February 15 with Hero Day at the show – all active and retired military personnel, EMTs, firefighters, police, medical personnel get complimentary admission with valid ID (offer only with ID, and only on Friday). Friday is also Senior Day, tickets for seniors aged 60 and up are available for $6 online and at the box office.
- Honoring Teachers on Sunday. Teacher Day is Sunday, September 16. Educators will receive complimentary admission to the show with valid faculty ID at the box office on Sunday.
- Buy Online, Save $ and Time. Tickets at the door are $10 for adults and free for children under 12, but frugalistas can buy online in advance to snag $8 tickets ($2 discount) and save time waiting in line. Advance tickets are available at DowntownRaleighHomeShow.com.