Last year, 80% of Americans saved over $3 billion total by using coupons. Want to get in on the savings? Start with these grocery-store tips that will help you become a smarter shopper:
- Don’t leave the house without a list of what you need—and make sure you stick to it! This will keep impulse buys in check.
- Food never looks as good as it does when you’re hungry, so be sure you go grocery shopping on a full stomach.
- Find and clip coupons in newspapers, magazines, in your mailbox, on the backs of your receipts, or attached to some of your favorite products.
- Stock up when you see an item you know you’ll need on sale (as long as it won’t go bad, of course!).
- Buy produce that’s locally sourced and in season. It will be fresher and cheaper than produce that has to be shipped across the country.
- None Found