Little things can make a big difference. When you use words and gestures to make people around you feel better- you might find that you feel good too. Here are some things you can do.
- Make others laugh. Just yesterday I had an awesome time celebrating a friend’s birthday- just us girls and we allowed ourselves to be silly.
- Give more compliments. I have a friend who is always so gracious with compliments. She has to be the sweetest person I have ever met. I am so glad that her daughter and mine have become friends this year. I am going to be more like her everyday and try to work on giving compliments.
- Pay a toll for the car behind you. This may only apply if you drive the interstate but you can always find things to do for others.
- Smile at people on the street. Did you know that it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. We don’t want to many wrinkle do we???
- Say “thank you” to your mail carrier or garbage collector or any one in the service industry. I know being the daughter of a retired cop and retire marine (my dad) I am thankful for all the sacrifices they make to keep us safe. Thanks Dad.
- Leave an extra tip in the tip jar. You never know what the person that is waiting on you has going on in their life. That just might be the bright spot in their day.
- Talk to someone you see every day, but don’t know. It can be anyone.
I challenge you now How Are You Changing the World??
- None Found