Today is National Margarita Day. I am very pleased to have my friend and sometimes partner in crime, Kathi from Queen J guest posting. I hope you enjoy her yummy treat.
So, it’s Monday again. How does that keep happening? This was a super-short weekend for me because our school system had to make up a snow day on Saturday. Being jolted by the alarm at 5 am on a Saturday is entirely wrong. It threw off the entire flow of the weekend. I had to work to cram an entire weekend of chores into one day. Among the many things I did on Sunday, such as washing clothes, washing the car, and buying groceries, I did find time to concoct a peach margarita for National Margarita Day today. It’s a necessity at my house to celebrate every holiday equally. And, what better way to end a Monday than by treating myself to a margarita? Margaritas are, by the way, my favorite mixed drink.
I was looking for an unusual margarita idea when I remembered a peach salsa that my sister makes every summer. Inspired by her fantastic salsa, we began concocting peach margaritas in her kitchen.
While at the grocery store, we procured the necessities…peaches, limes, and this interesting looking juice. I already had the shaker and the tequila. Less than an hour later, we were sipping margaritas and snacking on her nearly famous peach salsa.
First, I peeled and cubed one peach and pureed it in the blender. Next, I added to the peach puree in the blender, one cup of white tequila, two cups of the juice, ½ cup of lime juice, and 2 cups of ice. I blended it on high until it was a slushy consistency.
To rim the glasses, I rimmed the edge of the glass with a lime slice, then carefully dipped the edge into the rimming salt. The salt counteracts the tartness of the margarita.
Carefully pour the margarita into the glasses.
To all my friends out there, Happy National Margarita Day!
- 1 peach cubed and pureed
- 1 cup of white Tequila
- 2 cups of Dole Orange Peach Mango Juice
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 2 cups of ice
- rimming salt
- Peel and cube one peach and puree it in the blender.
- Add in one cup of white tequila, two cups of the juice, ½ cup of lime juice, and 2 cups of ice.
- Blended it on high until it has a slushy consistency.
- To rim the glasses, rim the edge of the glass with a lime slice, then carefully dipped the edge into the rimming salt.
- Carefully pour the margarita into the glasses.
- Recipe: Cranberry Sage LoSalt® Margarita
- Recipe: Watermelon Margaritas
- Recipe: Melon Salad
- Celebrate New Years with this Very Berry Cocktail
- Recipe: Tex Mex ColeSlaw
- Recipe: Sparkling Fruit Wine