If you live on the East Coast most of you are glued to the weather station, waiting to see if Hurricane Joaquin makes land. Living in North Carolina all my life it just seems like this is a normal occurrence for hurricanes. I was just thinking the other day that we have not had a hurricane this season. Wow did I Jinx that one? (No I am not talking about our cat!)
It is never to early to be prepared for a storm.
Here are few tips.
- Stock up on food.We are already stocked up on meat and canned goods as I like to keep our pantry stocked.
- Grilling Supplies- Last night I made my husband go to the store and exchange one of our empty propane tanks for a full one so in case we do lose power, we can always cook outside on our grill.
- Lights and Candles- One of my friends Sarah, from The Hot Mess Kitchen, ( who by the way is writing an awesome guest post for me soon.) had some awesome tips as well. I never would have thought of using our outside solar lights as a emergency lights. She has also come up with pretty cool printable and she is the Queen of printables. Also did you know that you can use a crayon for thirty minutes as a candle.
- Allie’s Tip Here- Grab an extra bag of food for your fur babies as you never know when you will be able to go to the store to get more.
- Stock on up on medicine and first aid supplies. This is one thing that I am worried about as Gracie has an appt with her neurologist on Tuesday and she has enough medicine until that appointment when we will get a new one.
- Water, Water, Water.- Make sure you have enough to drink.
- Lots of Paper and Plastic products for eating. No need to do dishes just throw the plates away.
- Find things that will keep you entertained during the storm. Click here for an example.
- Also make sure that you have a safe place for outside animals as well. Our fur babies will be coming inside during the storm.
These are just a few tips that I can think of that we have done to get ready for the Hurricane. Do you have something special that you do?
- None Found