This post may contain affiliate links, if you click on links I will make a few pennies from it to help with my fuel my Bible Journaling.
I am so excited to be bringing you this amazing opportunity and journey that I am on right. I am currently working on my own Bible Journaling corner in my office area. I am the process of creating and painting recycled items for this corner. I am even going to redo my inspiration wall. Why am I bringing this to you? Because I have found that when I am not in the word my days are totally crappy. I have just begun a new study with Proverbs 31 ministries, we are delving into the book Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. And Y’all let me tell you that has really opened my eyes to some of the negative self-talk that I do during the day. In fact, I made this little graphic to put in my Bible to remind myself as I get dressed every morning that the words I chose to speak to myself are just as important as the clothes I pick out to wear. Check it out.
Now onto this amazing post about Bible Journaling. It will admit that it is a part of an affiliate group but it will be a series of awesome educational post about Bible journaling. Hope it inspires you as much as it does me.
Bible Journaling is coloring in your Bible or a companion notebook and it is popular right now!
Maybe you are wondering why Bible journaling has become so popular and if it’s for you.
I wasn’t sure about Bible journaling either, but I’m always open to new ways to dig deeper into God’s Word. I decided to check it out, and this week I’m going to share with you what I learned in this series.
If you are wondering what this is all about, keep reading because we are here to learn together all about Bible journaling and how to get started.
What You MUST Know About Bible Journaling
Before we begin:
- You don’t need a lot of money to Bible journal. All you need is God’s word and a pencil. You’ll see fancy stuff as we go and the “gimmies” can hit hard, but remember much of it is extras that are not required.
- You don’t have to be creative. Stay focused on what matters, which is your time with God. While some people are quite talented and creative, this is not a contest! Focus on your personal time with the Lord.
Why Bible Journaling?
Why should you start Bible journaling?
- Bible journaling is an act of worship. Pray. Use this as worship time.
- Document your walk with God. Like an old-fashioned Bible with a family history in the front, you are sharing your legacy of faith through your drawings, markings, and stories.
- Use your gifts to GLORIFY Him. Use the gifts of your time, talent, and treasures to bring glory to God who is your Creator and gives all good gifts.
- Connect God’s Word to your life. The more you reflect on God’s word, the more you will see daily, meaningful connections to real-life situations.
- Pray the Scriptures. Pray as you journal. Pray God’s word back to him.
Consider using the S.O.A.P. method. This is an old method but a goodie.
S – Scripture. Read a passage of the Bible.
O – Observe. What about this passage was especially meaningful to you?
A – Application. How does this apply to your life today?
P – Pray. Pray for guidance and direction as you apply this truth to your life.
Interested and want to get start Bible Journaling than check this out.[info_box type=”pale_box”]For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. – Ephesians 2:10[/info_box]