Disclosure: This is a sponsored post paid for by Supercuts.
Who owns a business? If you have asked that question in the 50’s and 60’s the answer would have been mostly males whose wives stayed at home to tend to the family. But today if you ask that question the answer would be quite different. Just look at these statistics and see how much things have changed in the past few years. Just look at the results from a recent survey.
- 25% of people looking to start a business are females.
- 31% of overall people who are looking to start up a business, plan to go into business with a spouse or significant other. That was unheard of back in the day where women stayed home with the kids and the men went out to bring home the bacon.
- 56% of people are planning on opening or starting a business within the next 12-18 months (either alone or with a partner.) Most of these are looking into having a business partner.
- 30% of people looking to start a business are going into business with a friend.
- 26% are going into business with a colleague ( this is separate from a friend category)
Also did you know that females are more likely to want to go into business with a spouse or a domestic partner than their male counterparts? I guess that is why there is a great advantage to owning a. Women owners can identify more with their customers who are predominately female. But having a franchise run by a couple can be awesome. Imagine how strong the business would be and how the pitfalls and stresses of starting and owning a business can be shared. But there is a trick to owning a business with your spouse or significant other is to remember to leave the business at the business. If you follow that rule than not only will your business partnership thrive but your personal partnership will thrive as well.
- Supercuts Make #Franchising Easy
- Hurry Get 100 Cards from Vistaprint for $5.00 this includes shipping!!!!
- FREE “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” Audio Book
- Why Molly from Still Being Molly is like Meghan Markle
- Ladies Home Journal For Free
- Freebie: How to Organize Your Life (At Home) [Kindle Edition]