All of us use honey for baking as a sweetener, but did you know that honey is also good for health and beauty benefits as well. Next time you’re heading to the store make sure to pick up a few jars to keep on hand, you never know when you’re going to need it.
- Moisturizer: Use a tablespoon full of a raw honey mix with some olive oil and a little bit of fresh lemon juice. Mix together, don’t get it too runny, rub all over face. Don’t let it get too close to your eyes. Leave on for about 10 minutes and wash off it is very hydrating to the skin.
- Relaxing Bath: At the end of a hard day and you want to unwind before bed try this amazing recipe. Mix two tablespoons of honey in a cup of warm water, let it sit for 10 minutes to dissolve pour in bath water along with 8-10 drops of lavender essential oils.
- As a boost to your Immune System: Did you know that raw honey has tons of vitamins and minerals? Try this every day to help support your immune system: mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey to a cup of warm water if you’re looking for an extra boost add some fresh lemon juice and just a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
- For Indigestion: We all deal with indigestion from time to time did you know that honey can help to reduce the acidity in your tummy? Try a teaspoon or 2 before a heavy meal.
- For a Cough: There is nothing worse that a cough is keeping you up at night there are many studies. Honey has antibacterial properties that help soothe the throat. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with a few drops of fresh lemon juice mix and drink. Studies show that buckwheat honey works the best.
Here are just some ways you can use honey. Tell me do you have more?