Today I am so excited that Nikki is writing on the blog today. She is a new friend whose enthusiasm for life bubbles over to everyone she meets.
No matter if you’re a stay at home mom or you have a full-time job outside of the home, if you’re a mom, you’re busy! Here’s a list of makeup bag must-haves to keep your routine quick and thrifty without skimping on style.
1. Primer – A good primer will not only give you a smoother finish no matter what foundation you put over it, but it allows you to use less of said foundation. And that will save you time and money!
2. Concealer – Use a quality liquid concealer one shade lighter than your foundation color. This way, you can use it to cover blemishes and as a highlighter to brighten under your eyes, making you look less tired and more alert. What mom couldn’t use that?!
3. The right foundation – There are so many trendy foundations on the market, it’s easy to get caught up in the buzz. But before you choose one, make sure it’s right for your skin type and the time of year. Whether it be liquid, powder, or cream, your routine will be so much easier and give you the best results when you start with the one that suits you best!
4. Cream Eyeshadow – Talk about quick and easy! This product is so versatile and can be dressed up or dressed down. You can use a single color, combine colors, or add powder eyeshadow on top of it. You can even use it on your cheeks or lips depending on the color. And on one of those “I’m so late” mornings you can even apply it with your fingers! For best results, look for one that won’t crease.
5. Bronzer – Bronzer is another product that works overtime! I use bronzer as blush, as eye shadow, and as a contouring powder. It is available in different shades for all skin colors! Choosing a bronzer with both a matte and shimmery side allows for more versatility.
Packing these products will help you cut the clutter in your makeup bag, save you time and money, and build a simple, flexible, stylish stash! You can grab all of these at The Mighty Lash.