Thank you to BODYARMOR for sponsoring this post! As a soccer mom, I love it when I am able to tell about awesome brands for athletes.
Most of you know that all three of my girls are soccer fanatics. However, Mikaela, my middle daughter, brings her love of soccer to a whole ‘nother level. She trains by herself and with a trainer and this year she tried out for a travel ball team and made it. So just when I thought our lives were going to slow down a bit, they have gotten busier.
This got me thinking about how all sports basically need the same things. Sure they maybe called different names but still in the grand scheme of things they are basically alike. So I decided to come up with my Top Sports Essentials. They are in no important order.
1. A Uniform– Every sport needs a uniform. For some, it might just be as simple as it being a t-shirt and a pair of shorts from your closet. Others you might need to purchase so you can all look alike.
2. A Ball – In our case, it is a soccer ball.
3. Protective Equipment– Most every sport requires some kind of safety equipment to be able to play. In our case, it is shin guards, but in the case it of football it is shoulder pads and a helmet.
4. Heavy socks– In most impact sports, thick heavy socks can help cushion the impact of the harm running and jumping can do to your feet.
5. Shoes– Proper shoes are a must when it comes to sports. The wrong shoes can cause a sports injury.
6. Equipment Specific to the Gender of the player– In our case, it is a good sports bra, but in the case of male athletes it is a jock strap.
7. The Proper Sports Drink – It is no secret that athletes get hot and sweaty when they play. But they are also depleting a lot of the nutrients our bodies need to keep us going.
In our case, the sports drink that we chose is BODYARMOR. Never heard of it before well, let me tell you a little bit about it. It is a premium sports drink with potassium-packed electrolytes, coconut water, and vitamins. It is really yummy. They come in a variety of flavors:
- fruit punch
- orange mango
- strawberry banana
- tropical punch
- lemon lime
- mixed berry
- blackout berry
They are totally delicious, I will admit that I drank the strawberry banana one while I was in the pool one day and I am totally not an athlete. They can found in a lot of stores but I found them at my local Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Publix, and Target stores.
Want to try these sport drinks flavors out? Here is another bit of good news for you right now you can download this coupon to save even more on this great new splash in sports drinks. I know I can’t wait to try more of the flavors