This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SidelineHero #CollectiveBias
Never did I think that when oldest daughter expressed interest in playing soccer that it would turn into such a joyful time for our family. Maddie played 4 years of high school soccer one year of that with her younger sister, Mikaela. Now Mikaela is almost to end of her high school playing years as she is a junior. So as you can imagine we have spent a lot of time going to games home and away in the past 7 years. With that said it is not so easy to eat healthy when you are always on the go. So I want to make sure that we all eat healthy at games. Most days before games there is not a lot of time to eat as we are in a rush to get out the door. I want to ensure that Mikaela eats healthy as she has overcome so much in her 17 years. In kindergarten, we discovered that she wasn’t learning like other kids her age, so we had her tested. She was diagnosed with ADHD. School has always been a struggle for her but sports especially soccer is something she excels in. In 8th grade she decided after talking with me that wanted to try life without her medications. You would not believe the determination that this girl had. At first as a mom I was a little weary but I said okay let’s try it. I was totally amazed at how she took on this challenge and overcame it. She looked at this challenge much like she does the challenges on the soccer field. When it is time for soccer season she makes sure that she eats right so I send her with game snacks that are healthy. On any game day you can see her munching away on fruits and vegetables and granola. And of course she keeps herself hydrated with lots of water and POWERADE®.
Knowing that she often times doesn’t get a chance to eat before a game I have come up with the ultimate soccer game sideline kit. Of course I always make two of these kits up, because my youngest daughter always travels to the games with us and she is always hungry.
Here is what you need to make your ultimate soccer sideline kit.
- A basket or tote for the food. (I use a basket that I got several years ago. I also use this when we tailgate at the Railhawks game.)
- Some really cute containers. I used half pint mason jars as well as some other cute containers I found at Wal-Mart.
- Vegetables- In this particular kit I added carrots and ranch dressing. But I have also been known to add celery and some peanut butter for dipping.
- Tons of Fruits- What you add depends on the season. Here is what I put in my kit: apples with some cream cheese for that little bit of sweet that she might need, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and oranges. I also add Bananas for after the game as it helps to replenish the potassium in her body.
- I also like to add something fun to kit the as well it could be a protein bar or in this case some cherry vanilla granola.
Of course no kit would be complete without something to drink. I love adding Powerade® to these kits. I overheard one of the first responders say at a game that when the weather is hot like it is, it is better to drink POWERADE® first and then water. Because POWERADE® replenishes the body faster than water does. And of course being a mom I want my soccer player, Mikaela to be able to play up to her full potential and she can’t if she dehydrated.
I also love that POWERADE® was very easy to find in our local Wal-Mart and that I was able to use a coupon to save when making my kit. You can as well if you look for a coupon on the 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE® package. You can get $1 off Wal-Mart fresh produce when you buy two 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE®. Hurry this deal is only available while supplies lasts!
So tell me do you have child who plays sports especially soccer and do you have a sideline kit? I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing how you prepare for game days.
- Things I Learned as a Soccer Mom This Year
- Soccer Double Header with Coastal Credit Union
- “Just A Kid” Living Out Her Dream #JustAKidFrom
- How to Organize a Soccer Bag
- Soccer At It’s Finest
- Gearing Up For Soccer Season