This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid.
Saturday, April 29th was an unusually busy day for us. Who am I kidding- the week leading up to it was unusually busy for us. Why do you ask? It was the week leading up to “The Great Quince” also known as Gracie’s quinceanera. Last minute prep kept me busy all week but not as busy as Saturday.
My day started at 5:30 am when I hopped out of bed and into the shower. Then I started to get ready to go to the venue to decorate it. The day was filled with decorating, photo shoots, hair appointments, last minute prep, makeup appointments, a quick run-through of the dance and finally the event itself.
With a busy day like that, I had to make sure I ate right. Because when I don’t eat right, I tend to get a Migraine and I so didn’t want that to happen.
That is why I packed one of my Rubbermaid® FreshWorks full of vegetables to snack on while we decorated. I was surprised with how fresh the veggies tasted after being out of the refrigerator all day.
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: FreshWorks is a food storage container that uses patented FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging. FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTrayTM helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: Many people find that their produce has spoiled after just a few days, leaving them no choice but to throw it away. FreshWorks extends the life of your produce, so you can eat your produce before it goes to waste.
- Saves Money: As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.**
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
- Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
- Available in three sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
I will have to say that packing those veggies was probably the best and smartest things I could have done all day. Not only did I get the added nutrients I needed but it also kept me going until all the cleanup was done which was around 3 am the next day.
Want to have one of your own? Enter to win a set of your own using the rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks containers vs. store packaging at day 21.
** Source: USDA 2014
*Based on strawberries in Fres