When depressed, deep rest is needed, Anxiety and depression are some of the common health concerns in the society today; this is a complex set of functional and emotional challenges, there are a number of factors that triggers anxiety and depression, such as emotional, social, spiritual and environmental factors. Depression and anxiety are two different things, but in most cases they do occur together at the same time.
What is depression?
This is a common disorder that adversely affects one’s general health, life, and habits; it is often characterized by low mood and energy, loss of interest in a number of activities that you normally enjoy, this is something that is affecting over 350 million in the world.
What is Anxiety?
This is a disorder that is characterized by physical, emotional and behavioral symptoms that will tend to create unpleasant feeling such as worry, fear, and uneasiness, its physical symptoms include sweating, muscle aches, headache, and fatigue.
There are a number of ways in which you can get relief from anxiety and depression, most of them involve active activities and rejuvenating tasks and they are as follows;
- Physical Exercise- Physical exercise is one of the most effective stress reliever, through this, you will be able to improve concentration, alertness and reduce fatigue, in the process of exercise, your body will be able to produce endorphins, this a chemical that will act as a natural painkiller and it will, in turn, reduce stress and anxiety, it is scientifically proven that engaging in physical exercise will improve your self-esteem, stabilize your mood and improve sleep.
- Eat healthy – Depression can really lower your mood and this may affect your appetite, in this case, you may even cut a lot of weight which may be unhealthy, so it is important to eat a lot of functional foods and drink a lot of water, you may also consider eating food that are rich in omega-3 three fatty acids since they are believed to ease depression.
- Get enough sleep – Depression and anxiety can make you go awake the whole night, little sleep worsens the situation and that is why it is very important to ensure that you get enough sleep.
- Consider professional counseling – In some cases, it may be something that is too personal that is eating you up, it is not advisable to sit back there alone thinking hard, considering professional counseling is one of the good steps towards getting the best for yourself, in the case, professional counselors have fully mastered the art of counseling through experience and expertise, in that case, they have got all what it takes to give you something that will help you.
- Get into a routine – In this case, you have to ensure that you are always engaged and not engaged in extremely difficult duties that will add up the stress, all you have to do is to ensure that you are working on a schedule that will keep you lively and within no time, you will be back on track.