Sleep plays an important role in your overall health. It gives your body and mind a chance to unwind and rest for awhile. In order to deal with daily stresses, you need a good night’s sleep. When you don’t get enough rest, it affects you mentally and physically. You feel tired all the time and it’s hard to stay focused on everyday, ordinary tasks. So what do you do when you’re just not getting that rest you need?
Many people who suffer from lack of sleep are also very emotional and quick to anger. Little things that normally wouldn’t bother you may suddenly seem like the end of the world. It can also cause anxiety, panic attacks and depression, but essential oils can help you get the rest your body needs to function properly.
Best Essential Oils to Use to Help You Get Your Sleep
Certain essential oils can help you fall asleep faster and rest more peacefully throughout the night. Since they’re all natural, you don’t have to worry about nasty side effects that can leave you groggy and feeling tired the next morning. Instead, you’ll feel rested and ready to start your day.
Young Living has some fantastic essential oils to help you cure your insomnia. Here are the most common and what they do to help:
- Lavender – creates a calm, relaxing environment and induces sleep
- Vetiver – has an earthy aroma that evokes calm and relaxation
- Roman Chamomile – promotes inner peace and makes you feel better about yourself so you can relax and sleep more peacefully
- Valerian– has a grounding aroma much like the Vetiver oil that calms the nervous system and improves your quality of sleep
- Orange – evokes a sense of peace and harmony
- Cedarwood – has an earthy but soothing aroma that elevates your mood and helps you relax
- Valor – has a woodsy scent that improves your mood and calms your thoughts so you can rest easier
- Stress Away – a blend made from several pure essential oils, including vanilla and lime that relieves stress and nervous tension
Blending oils together enhances the effectiveness because you’re getting the benefits from all of the oils in the blend.
Young Living therapeutic grade SleepEssence is an excellent blend that will help cure insomnia. It combines lavender, valerian, Ruta graveolens and vetiver essential oils together in a soft gel capsule. All four of these oils have sedative and relaxing properties that help you relax, fall asleep faster and rest more peacefully.
What’s Causing You Not Sleeping?
In some cases, the reason for your insomnia may not be clear. However, it’s often due to a combination of things such as stress, being overly tired, or worry. If you know what is causing your insomnia, you can look for specific essential oils that can treat the underlying problem in addition to helping you rest better.
You have several options for using essential oils to help you sleep. You can spray a water-based mixture of one or more of these oils around your room, on your bed, and pillow to help you relax. You can use a diffuser to disperse the aroma throughout the bedroom. You also have the option of adding the oils to your bath water or using them as massage oils.
Regardless of the method, using essential oils to cure your insomnia is a natural way to treat this condition. They will help create a sense of well-being and peacefulness that helps you relaxes so you can rest and fall asleep faster. Have you ever tried any of the mentioned oils?