I have a confession to make; I am not a morning person. If I could sleep until 10 or 11 am I would but sadly since I am the designated driver of Gracie in the morning so sleeping in is a thing of the past. However, I have found that I get more stuff done when I get up earlier. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it.
Because I am not a morning person, I have had to set up a routine to get me going in the morning. So here are my seven must-haves for a successful morning routine.
1. Jump in the shower. I have found that if I wait to take a shower after I take Gracie to school, my day tends to get away from me, and I end up in the shower at 4 or 5 pm or not at all. Plus I am typically really congested in the morning, so the shower helps to clear my head.
2 . Spend time with God. Whether I have 5 minutes or a half hour, I find time. I have noticed that when I don’t make that time in the morning my whole day goes to crap. It is amazing what a positive attitude can do to start a day. It makes the day full of possibilities.
3. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Oh did I mention that I need coffee. I always cruise by Starbucks on my way home from dropping Gracie off at school. Grande White Chocolate Mocha, yep that’s me.
4. Spend time with the fur babies. Animals have shown to reduce the stress levels in people. And after driving back and forth to school, I need some stress relief.
5. Breakfast. They say that it is the most important meal of the day. I will have to admit that I sometimes skip having a big breakfast. But I will grab a muffin or a bowl or cereal. I love making little snack packs for me to take in the car. And I love nothing better than to put Nature Valley Chocolate Oat Clusters cereal in those packs. Plus they are yummy for breakfast. And when I found them at Publix with this awesome coupon I couldn’t help but grab several boxes. Plus after you print this coupon you can redeem the “buy one get one free” offer after printing the coupon. Did I mention that they have chocolate inside, you know a girl has to have her chocolate?
Plus did you know that there are a ton of recipes that you can make using cereals? Interested than you want to check this out. And did you know that Nature Valley Cereal are 100% whole grain oats and honey. It is packed with so much nutrients and protein, which can help fuel your morning. And they have three delicious flavors to choose from the whole family will be happy.
- Baked Oat Bites
- Honey Oat Clusters
- Chocolate Oat Clusters
6. Go over my schedule for the day. This is especially important as we are going into our busy season. Mikaela is in last year of playing Soccer for her high school team, and Gracie made the middle school team. So it looks like we will be having games or practice every day and let’s not forget the Carolina Railhawks games as well.
7. Diffusing essential oils. Essential oils not only make my house smell heavenly, but they also put a little pep in my step.