- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can chili beans in mild chili sauce, undrained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. corn muffin mix plus ingredients to prepare mix
- 2 cups taco-flavored shredded cheese, divided
- green and red bell pepper, pickle slices, pimiento pieces, chopped onion, chopped black olives and carrots for decoration
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic. Add turkey; cook until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in chili powder and oregano. Add tomatoes with juice; cook and stir 2 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with spoon. Stir in beans with sauce, corn and pepper; simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Spread half of turkey mixture in prepared casserole; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining turkey mixture and 3/4 cup cheese. Top with corn muffin batter. Decorate with assorted vegetables to make monster face. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown.